The Elle UK posted an article about 100 ways to say I love you, quoting books.
It’s such a sweet article. 💚
Here are the ten quotes I liked the most:
- ‘I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.’ (Delirium, L. Oliver)
- ‘I love her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.’ (Great Expectations, C. Dickens)
- ‘I’ve never forgotten him. Dare I say I miss him? I do. I miss him. I still see him in my dreams. They are nightmares mostly, but nightmares tinged with love.’ (Life of Pi, Y. Martel)
- ‘My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.’ (Romeo and Juliet, W. Shakespeare)
- ‘What I’ve loved most after you, is myself: that is, my dignity and that strength which made me superior to other men. That strength was my life. You’ve broken it with a word. So I must die.’ (The count of Monte Cristo, A. Dumas)
- ‘Jump if you want to, ’cause I’ll catch you, girl. I’ll catch you ‘fore you fall. Go as far inside as you need to, I’ll hold your ankles. Make sure you get out… We can make a life, girl. A life.’ (Beloved, T. Morrison)
- ‘As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly and then all at once.’ (The fault in our stars, J. Green)
- ‘Her life with others no longer interests him. He wants only her stalking beauty, her theatre of expressions. He wants the minute secret reflection between them, the depth of field minimal, their foreignness intimate like two pages of a closed book.’ (The English patient, M. Dndaatje)
- ‘The world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold. The curves of your lips rewrite history.’ (The picture of Dorian Gray, O. Wilde)
- ‘I’ll follow thee and make a heaven out of hell, To die by your hand which I love so well.’ (A Midsummer Night’s dream, W. Shakespeare)
The whole 100 quotes you find at Elle UK.